Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What do the VStar and the Discovery Have in Common?

I heard on the radio this morning that tomorrow will mark the final launch of the space shuttle Discovery. NASA predicts the weather will be spot on for the launch and I'm going to trust NASA - what's good for Discovery has to be good for the VStar. Yup, tomorrow's the day I'll ride her to the storage barn/shed/shop - call it what you want, I'm calling it depressing. Actually, I'm calling it - "face the fact," the season is over for motorcycles, well, at least for my motorcycle. Let the "Slush Creeper" season begin! {News flash, just in - Discovery's launch has been postponed!} Unlike Discovery however, the VStar will still be going to storage. I heard that after this launch Discovery will be retired, traded in, so to speak - after 26 years in service. Wow, NASA keeps their vehicles longer than I do. I wonder if Discovery has been outfitted with "Historic Vehicle" plates?
I cannot believe how fast the time is going, seems like school just started a couple of weeks ago and already it has been a couple of months. Before I (or you) know it, it will be spring and motorcycle season once again. I think winter was invented to give motorcycle riders a chance to plan the next season's ride. Garmin Dan (Oh, yeah, he's back in my life) and I have been formulating a plan for next summer. We're putting together our Top 10 list of places to ride/see or see again and I'm wondering how it compares to your list. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment