Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Something Magical

I have to admit, there is something magical about the first real, honest to goodness, stick to the ground snowfall. Somehow this afternoon the driving rain mystically turned into huge, moist snowflakes. Life in my classroom came to a halt! There was nothing to do but turn off the lights and stand by the window to watch mother nature announce the arrival of December and winter. Oh, to look at the world through the eyes of a five year old.

Okay enough of the magic. When I saw the snow I really questioned my decision not to wear socks today (honestly, it was 13 degrees Celsius this morning when I left.) Only in Canada can the temperature go from summer to winter in matter of hours. Canada, a country with two seasons - "hockey and construction." Now you ask, how can this possibly relate to riding on a motorcycle? Well, I have to tell you as I headed out of town, on what can only be described as the darkest of nights, with snow blowing all around , it was all about not riding on a motorcycle and I WAS GLAD I WASN'T RIDING HOME ON THE VSTAR. Oh,I'm sure it could be done - just not by me! The weather forecast for tomorrow - who knows.

November has zipped by in the blink of an eye - the riding season is only 4 and a half months away and I realize I'm now, tragically, bagless. Dear Santa ... but that's another post for another day.

P.S. MotorcyleMojo magazine wants to know what you do during the long Canadian winters?

No comments:

Post a Comment