Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Sunday, December 25, 2011

It's the Night Before Christmas ...

It’s the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature is stirring, well perhaps just one mouse (but the cat will take care of that ... later, after her nap).
The stockings are hung by the chimney with care, (I can’t believe I still stuff stockings for my children – they are grown men) in hope that St. Nicholas soon would be there.
Everyone’s nestled all snug in their beds (along with the dogs) while visions of turkey and stuffing and downloading apps dance in my head. …

Christmas Eve (what’s done is done, what isn’t – isn’t going to be) and here I sit wondering how it is that another Christmas has arrived so suddenly. In reality I know it took 365 days but still it seemed to sneak up on me. Tonight I think of my father who told me once, “The older you get, the faster time seems to go,” and now I understand what he meant. On the bright side I guess that means summer is just a blink away. (As of yesterday, the days are getting longer again, yahoo!)

Looks like Santa has been here ... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

6 comments:

  1. And a Merry Christmas to you too VStar Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays. Hope you haa a great day today. Love the picture of kitty with the tree in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!

    Until last year, we also made up Christmas stockings (in addition to main presents) for our grown children but it was them who approached us to stop this year. They reckoned that it would be fairer if we all bought one Santa present for every other member of the family at not more than $20 per present.

    It worked out brilliantly - boy, the choices had far more thought. I bought lots of cool stuff from Think Geek website for our offspring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely blog! My mom still stuffs a stocking for me every year. Time definitely seems to move faster as I get older. I have noticed it keenly as my daughter went from being a little girl to a big girl in a space that seems like it was overnight.

    Now we are winding down the year and getting ready for riding season, I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The older you get, the more you want mom to put peanut M&M's and socks in your stocking. The simple things, I tell you. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year treats you right.

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Canajun - nice to hear from you - all the best to you and yours and heres hoping the riding season arrives soon here in ON
    Geoff - A great tip for simplifying the Santa job, it's always a challenge to come up with good ideas.
    Brady - socks and candy, I sure your Mom and I went to the same school of Santa stocking Stuffers (besides who can't use new socks?)
    Dar - Happy Christmas I'm glad your Mom still stuffs a stocking there is something comforting about family traditions, enjoy them.
    Trobairitz - thanks for stopping by, Mrs. Wilson (aka the cat)has not been particularly cooperative getting her photo taken this year, much prefers to nap. She's finding the fact that I have a new camera particularly annoying this year.

    ReplyDelete