Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Saturday, July 27, 2013

2013 The Eastside Story, Day 22: From Anne’s Land to Charlotte’s

Under cloudy skies and intermittent rain we’ve moved from Anne’s land to Charlotte’s. The west coast of the Island has such a different feel; less living with the tourists more visiting on the Island. There was a quick stop in Summerside before looking for a spot to photograph the bridge.
The sky was heavy with cloud and misty rain and the bridge just wasn’t very photogenic today – perhaps tomorrow she’ll look better. (After 23 days on the road, I know how she feels.)
Tonight the campsite is in Cornwall. It’s a familiar campground filled with campfire smoke and with memories … memories of camping with my family …. memories of a skunk commandeering a bag of cheezies, holding me hostage in the tent, and memories of squirrels determined to chew their way through motorcycle luggage. 
It has stopped raining and there’s a promise of sunshine for the morning.

8 comments:

  1. It is nice you were able to get a picture of the V-Star with the bridge in the background.

    Hard to believe you have been on the road over 3 weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine, being on the road for three weeks and still being in my backyard (so to speak.) It's not the first time the VStar has posed with the bridge.

      Delete
  2. I like the bridge the way it is, weather and all.
    Hope the weather improves though as you continue your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, the weather's looking good for ... after we leave ;0)

      Delete
  3. Once again, thanks for the photos that I wished I'd have taken. Kodachrome and its processing was expensive for a guy with my poor work habits way back when.

    These have more than a thousand words for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, anytime Coop. I much prefer looking a pictures myself.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty place, rain or not! So peaceful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb the Island has it's own pace, if you get out of the tourist areas...but even the touristy areas are lovely for a day or so.

      Delete